SilverCloud is a free online space which offers a range of programmes that help you to develop ways of managing your own emotional wellbeing.
CBT stands for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and is based on the concept that your thoughts, feelings, physical sensations and actions are interconnected, and that negative thoughts and feelings can trap you in a vicious cycle. Using different methods and tools you can learn to improve these negative thinking patterns. CBT focuses on your thoughts and feelings now rather than issues from your past.
How Blended CBT works
The SilverCloud programmes empower you to develop skills to manage your psychological wellbeing with more confidence, from the convenience of your own locations and in your own time.
You work through the programme modules online at your own pace and with the support of Brecon & District Mind’s Blended Online CBT Practitioner.
They provide one-to-one support as you work through the programme through six fortnightly phone calls spread over 12 weeks. You can talk with the Practitioner about how you’re getting on with the programme, any challenges that come up and they will support, guide and encourage you along the way.
(This short video explains CBT.)
What will I do in a SilverCloud programme?
Each programme is built around six to seven modules which you can complete at your own pace. The guided time frame for completion is usually around 12 weeks, but if you need to take more time you can. You have access to your programme for 12 months. The programmes are very easy to use with interactive tools and you will read about other people who share similar experiences and feelings to you.
The available programmes
- Space from Anxiety *
- Space from Depression *
- Space from Stress
- Space from Depression & Anxiety
- Space from GAD
- Space from Phobia
- Space from Social Anxiety
- Space for Positive Body Image
- Space for Resilience *
- Space for Sleep
- Space in CHD from Depression & Anxiety
- Space from Covid-19
- Space from Panic
- Space from OCD
- Space from Health Anxiety
- Space from Money Worries
- Space for Perinatal Wellbeing
- Space from Panic
- Space from Alcohol
- Space from Drug Use
- Space in Lung Conditions from Depression & Anxiety
- Space in Diabetes from Depression & Anxiety
- Space in Chronic Pain from Depression & Anxiety
* Student version available
There are additional topic-specific modules which can be added into your programme including:
- Challenging Times
- My self-esteem and I
- Grief & Loss
- Communication & Relationships
- Behavioural Experiments
- Money Worries
- Sleep Difficulties
- Employment Support
- Anger Management
- Low Mood & Getting Active
Is SilverCloud right for me?
SilverCloud is right for you if:
- You are over 16 and registered with a GP in Powys
- You have an email address, ongoing access to the internet and you’re comfortable using online resources
- You recognise that sometimes your own thinking can work against you, for example you have overly negative thoughts
- You have the time to access the programme for 3-4 times a week minimum for 15-20 minutes at a time
- You are open to exploring and changing the way you think and try doing things differently
There are two types of SilverCloud support:
- Blended Online CBT Support which provides six fortnightly phone calls with Brecon & District Mind’s Practitioner to talk through how you’re progressing through the programme
- Stand-alone which allows you to work through the programme by yourself with reviews by message
What to do next
If you would like to access the Blended Online CBT programme with Brecon & District Mind’s Practitioner, or if you’re unsure it’s for you and want to talk it over, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to access the stand-alone SilverCloud online programme you can self-refer at: https://nhswales.silvercloudhealth.com/signup